Monday, February 12, 2018

Playing with Tape


Instagram is great.  So much inspiration and great energy from people we might never get to know otherwise.  I discovered Hiba Chocolates  and in this post she really got me thinking about what I wanted to accomplish with my chocolates this year.  I've decided it was the year to experiment and perfect my craft.  So with a big thanks to Hiba, I've started working away at it.  My friends are thankful to her as well, they get to eat all the rejects as I experiment.

I started with something simple, playing with tape.  I used both vinyl and paper, and have had much cleaner edges with vinyl tape.  Some of the tape is very thin, about 1mm.  Here's the output from playing with tape a bit.


Tape down the middle, and a toothpick to scrape away the paint for X&O


Criss Cross Tape, two different widths, and three dots using different width "dotters".


Criss-Cross tape, same width.

Thank you Hiba!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Making your own colored cocoa butter

Painting chocolate molds allows another dimension in creating chocolate confections, and beautiful colour combinations are fun for both the ...

Copyright Sin Confections. Powered by Chocolate.